Friday, April 9, 2010

aqui vamos nós!!

Here we come! T-minus 3 weeks until we leave for Brazil.

I have been remiss in not contributing to the blog before now; however, a new job, buying a house and moving has been a bit time consuming. Never-the-less, here I am, excited and ready for the exchange.

Alicia alluded to my previous travel experience in an earlier blog entry. She was more than accurate in saying my passport is always ready. Of course there was a bit of panic just a few weeks ago when we thought the US Postal Service had misplaced my passport and potentially jeopardized getting my Visa. Major sigh of relief when it was located.

In preparation for my newest world experience, I find that I am reflecting on the wonderful places I've been blessed to visit, and the things that made each of them grab a special place in my heart. When you travel, people are always excited to see pictures and hear your great stories of adventure and exploration upon your return. Then they inevitably ask --- which place is your favorite of all?

Do I prefer Ghana over Ireland, or Italy to Ghana? Questions I'm unable to answer, as they are all uniquely perfect and memorable for entirely different reasons. In Ireland, it was the vibrant color and natural beauty of the land. In Ghana, it was the infectious grins of children who knew real happiness, despite little material possessions. In Italy, it was the food and wine ---oh the food and wine!!!

So what will "IT" be in Brazil? Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment